Saturday, 17 November 2012

Technology in Recruitments

Right from the time I started my Recruitment firm, I was looking for ways and means to implement a proper technology that can be imbibed into our organization to ensure proper workflow and optimum usage of time and resources. There are numerous solutions out in the market that can provide automation of daily work schedule. Some are expensive, some are not good and some are not scalable. After about a year of drooling over various products, talking to scores of developers, checking out numerous open source solutions; I finally decided to give in and purchase a SaaS based solution.

My idea while choosing was simple! The Applicant Tracking System (ATS) should have a simple design, robust workflow and should be easy to use. Lucky I found a good system. It's not complete in all terms that I expect it to be, however the first feeling is that its intuitive. The perspective that I felt which is lacking, is probably the developing team does not have the guidance of a recruiter who is also a business owner. That person can suggest all the modules that will make life easier for him. Building those is the developer's choice then.

The positive effect that I can see through this is that now my team spends (at-least 30% for the time being as they are still getting used to the system which we implemented about 4 days back) less time in admin works such as updating the candidate details, formatting the candidate resumes and maintaining their data in excels. By and by as they get the technology imbibed, I am sure that they would feel more comfortable and would be far more productive.

I am finally feeling that the intuition I had in the beginning of my start-up days that technology will play an important role even in a traditional business like recruitment was not wrong. So, if there any entrepreneurs out there who have recently started up and wondering if they should spend their investment on technology or not; I would suggest, you should. Technology has the power to build your business in short span of time. Of course, you will have to choose according to your pocket and size. So go out there and build your business and let the processes be handled through technology! It's much better that way!!

Team Amraks


No comments:

Post a Comment